Violent Crimes in Texas
At Davis-Jones Law, I have represented many people facing accusations of violent crimes — and treated each client with the care, attention, and respect that he or she deserves. I have successfully handled cases involving allegations including:
- Domestic violence — Accusations of domestic assault can affect your life, your future, and your family. If you or someone you love is facing charges of family violence, I am ready to help.
- Assault — I respond quickly and aggressively to assault charges, building a strong, strategic defense to protect my clients' interests and pursue the best possible results.
- Murder — I have defended people accused of manslaughter, homicide, and attempted murder. A conviction on these charges can have extremely serious consequences, including long prison terms and, in some cases, capital punishment. It is of the utmost importance to work with a knowledgeable lawyer if you are facing such accusations.
- Weapon-related crimes — My firm represents individuals facing charges of crimes involving weapons, including unlawfully carrying weapons, carrying without a license, unlawful carrying by the license holder, and unlawful transfer or purchase.
A conviction of any violent crime can have widespread consequences, including unemployment, revocation of a professional license, loss of rights like voting in elections or owning firearms, fewer college or career choices, and a destroyed reputation.
Incidents with the Potential for Violent Crimes
I understand that sometimes poor decisions, mistakes, or false accusations affect good people. At Davis-Jones Law, I am proud to defend my clients' rights thoroughly and aggressively when they are accused of violent criminal offenses like assault. Assault can take many forms, including:
- Fights at bars or other public spaces
- Domestic assault or abuse
- Public disorderly conduct
- Road rage
If you have been accused of assault or a similar crime, the best resource you can have is a proven violent crimes attorney on your side. Serving in Austin and throughout Travis County, my firm is well-versed in Texas assault laws. I have the experience and knowledge to effectively fight for you and your rights.
Serious Crimes Require A Serious Criminal Attorney
There are many factors that affect the severity of assault charges, including the relationship between the parties, the nature of the alleged victim's injuries, and whether a weapon was used (as in aggravated assault). Whatever circumstances led to the charge, any accusation of assault or another violent crime is a very serious matter and should be treated with care.
A conviction stemming from a violent crime can adversely impact your professional life, rights, and future. When facing these charges, it is essential to work with an experienced lawyer who can advise you of your options and do everything possible to obtain a favorable result.